Epoxy Phenolic Novolac Coating / Epoxy Coating / Vinylester coating / Coal-Tar Epoxy Coating / Furalac HF Coating
- Acid-resistant organic coatings are surface treatments capable of enhancing the acid resistance of an underlying ceramic, metallic or organic substrate.
- These coating technologies can be used in chemical industries, or any other industrial process that involves the consumption, production or transport of acidic chemicals, to increase the lifetime and performance of vulnerable materials.
- Organic coating materials can be self-supporting fiber-reinforced structures, or non-reinforced coatings.
- Fiber reinforced coatings have found use in wet flue gas desulfurization plants (FGD), while non-reinforced coatings have, among others, been used to line rail-car tanks for acid transport, protect sewage pipes against microbial acids, and preserve stirred acid leach reactors in hydro-metallurgical processes.
- The use of organic coatings is not limited to acid protection, also caustic environments and organic chemicals can be handled.
- Like any other material, organic coatings have limitations. Industrial process variables such as temperature, pressure, wear, acid type, and presence of additional chemicals, can limit the usability of an organic coating.